BE A FLOAT DESIGNER . . .
CONTRIBUTE A DESIGN FOR THE
2025 SIERRA MADRE ROSE FLOAT
Sierra Madre Rose Float Association 2025 Float Design Contest:
This year’s design contest will be held until Friday, February 9th, 2024. Tournament of Roses® President Ed Morales has announced his 2025 theme.
“Best Day Ever!”
The 2025 theme celebrates life’s best moments – those unexpected times that bring a smile, warm our hearts and fill us with joy. From a once-in-a-lifetime experience to the simplest pleasures, each is indelibly etched into our memory. Together, we celebrate where we’ve been and what we look forward to. It’s about family, friends and community and what we have to celebrate – and to be thankful for. On New Year’s Day and throughout the year, let’s celebrate the times that make up our
Best Day Ever!
- Designs must be received no later than Friday, February 9th, 2024, by 5 PM at P.O. Box 603, Sierra Madre, CA 91025 or at the float barn (put in an envelope and placed under the door) or emailed to email@example.com.
- Design submissions need to take into consideration the Pasadena Tournament of Roses® 2025 theme as outlined above in the hint.
- Designers should consider the appropriate use of float riders, Sierra Madre Rose Float Princesses/Ambassadors (2-4) and animation. Float designs should represent a float no longer than 55 feet and 18 feet wide.
- The design contest is open to all ages (need not be a Sierra Madre resident nor a Sierra Madre Rose Float Association member). Designs developed by Groups, Art Classes or other organizations are gladly received. Designers are encouraged also to submit more than one design.
- Please provide a title to the float design. Submission should include a written description (no more than 250 words) of the concept and possible animations. Do not place the title or your signature within the drawing. Your description should be on the separate (2nd) page. Your drawing must fit within a 10” wide and 6” high box
- While only a very simple sketch is required to illustrate the concept, more detail can help in the selection process.
- Designs must be submitted on the 8 ½ X 11 provided “Theme Submission Form” in black & white pencil or pen. This is a simple concept drawing. No color drawings or oversized drawings will be accepted. Do not include the title of the float or your name/signature within the design drawing. YOUR DRAWING MUST fit within a 10” wide X 6” high box.
- Designs submitted to the Sierra Madre Rose Float Association will become the property of the Association and may be modified by the Association to achieve construction and floral requirements.
- Designers are required to sign a Design Release form for each design, certifying the originality of their design and assigning those design rights to the Sierra Madre Rose Float Association. Submissions without a Release will not be considered.
- The designer(s) may be asked for consultation.
- The designer understands that he/she will receive no compensation, monetary or otherwise, for the use of the design and that the Sierra Madre Rose Float Association, City of Sierra Madre and/or the Pasadena Tournament of Roses® have no obligation of any kind towards designer(s).
- Submitted designs are not returnable.
- Designs may be submitted as follows:
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email should include 3 PDF attachments:
Concept Drawing. Name your file: yourfloattitle_last name_Drawing.pdf
Description Page. Name your file: yourfloattitle_last name_Descript.pdf
Release Form. Name your file: yourfloattitle_last name_Release.pdf
No spaces in your file names. Here is a sample of what they should look like:
put the Design Submission in an envelope, push way under the Float Barn Door
Barn Address: 587 E. Sierra Madre Blvd., Sierra Madre
(Do NOT send snail mail to this address)
Snail mail to:
Sierra Madre Rose Float Association, P.O. Box 603, Sierra Madre, CA 91025
(Mailed designs MUST be RECEIVED by Friday, Feb. 9th at 5 p.m.)
For further information
Please email us (fastest responce) at email@example.com
Or call the Sierra Madre Rose Float Barn at (626) 355-7005
and leave a message on the answering machine.
We will return your call as soon as possible.