BE A FLOAT DESIGNER . . .
CONTRIBUTE A DESIGN FOR THE
2024 SIERRA MADRE ROSE FLOAT
Submit a Float Design Now for 2024
This year’s design contest will be held until Friday, February 3rd, 2023. Tournament of Roses President Alex Aghajanian announced his theme for the 2024 parade on January 19, 2023.
The 2024 parade theme is “Celebrating a World of Music: The Universal Language”
“The 2024 theme brings us together through music. In a world of different cultures, beliefs, hopes, and dreams, one language unites us all — music. The sound, texture, rhythm, form, harmony, and expression meld together to move, soothe, excite and delight the world,” explained Aghajanian. “From bossa nova to blues, classical to country, metal to mariachi and rock to rap, thousands of genres invite us to become one in celebrating a world of music. Whether near or far, young or old, we invite you to year-long festivities that culminate on New Year’s Day at the Rose Parade. Let the music begin!”
- Designs must be received no later than Friday, February 3rd ,2023, by 5 PM at P.O. Box 603, Sierra Madre, CA 91025 or at the float barn (put in an envelope and placed under the door) or emailed to email@example.com.
- Design submissions need to take into consideration the Pasadena Tournament of Roses® 2024 theme as outlined above in the hint.
- Designers should consider the appropriate use of float riders, Sierra Madre Rose Float Princesses/Ambassadors (2-4) and animation. Float designs should represent a float no longer than 55 feet and 18 feet wide.
- The design contest is open to all ages (need not be a Sierra Madre resident nor a Sierra Madre Rose Float Association member). Designs developed by Groups, Art Classes or other organizations are gladly received. Designers are encouraged also to submit more than one design.
- Please provide a title to the float design. Submission should include a written description (no more than 100 words) of the concept and possible animations. Do not place the title or your signature within the drawing. Your description should be on the separate (2nd) page. Your drawing must fit within a 10” wide and 6” high box
- While only a very simple sketch is required to illustrate the concept, more detail can help in the selection process.
- Designs must be submitted on the 8 ½ X 11 provided “Theme Submission Form” in black & white pencil. No color drawings or oversized drawings will be accepted. Do not include the title of the float or your name/signature within the design drawing. Your drawing must fit within a 10” wide X 6” high box.
- Designs submitted to the Sierra Madre Rose Float Association will become the property of the Association and may be modified by the Association to achieve construction and floral requirements.
- Designers are required to sign a Design Release form for each design, certifying the originality of their design and assigning those design rights to the Sierra Madre Rose Float Association. Submissions without a Release will not be considered.
- The designer(s) may be asked for consultation.
- The designer understands that he/she will receive no compensation, monetary or otherwise, for the use of the design and that the Sierra Madre Rose Float Association, City of Sierra Madre and/or the Pasadena Tournament of Roses® have no obligation of any kind towards designer(s).
- Submitted designs are not returnable. Submit all designs
Mailed designs MUST be RECEIVED by Friday, Feb. 3rd at 5 pm
Sierra Madre Rose Float Association
P.O. Box 603, Sierra Madre, CA 91025
Or put the Design Submission in an envelope, pushed under the Float Barn Door
Barn Address: 587 E. Sierra Madre Blvd., Sierra Madre
(Do NOT send snail mail to this address)
Or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information
Please email us at email@example.com
Or call the Sierra Madre Rose Float Barn at (626) 355-7005
and leave a message on the answering machine.
We will return your call as soon as possible.